Join Adelaide’s med tech and digital health community for an afternoon of key information and industry insight from international and national leaders in the sector.
ANDHealth Digital Health Series- Adelaide
Venue: The NEW University of Adelaide Health and Medical Science building,
North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
Date: 5th October 2017
Time: 12-5pm followed by networking
Industry leaders gather to discuss key topics for digital health companies:
- Securing health tech investment
- Successful translation and incorporation of research outputs
- Hear from international corporates and SMEs on business partnering
- Hear from local companies who have built successful digital health businesses
- Adam Wardell- Head of Strategy, Innovation and Business Development at Novartis, responsible for shaping future innovative growth opportunities, including from novel fields of research in start-ups and scientific institutions globally.
- Melissa McBurnie- Adelaide based Investment Manager for Brandon Capital, responsible for identifying promising investment candidates in the life science.
- Darby To- co-founder of Aurenda Capital, specialising in healthcare innovation investment, shares practical insights on investment in digital health.
- Prof. Anton van den Hengel- Director, Australian Centre for Visual Technologies, winner of the 2017 SA Science Excellence Award for Research Collaboration, on industry engagement and advances in machine learning
- Bronwyn Le Grice- Managing Director and co-founder of ANDHealth, has a background in venture capital, business strategy and corporate development in the digital health sector, spearheads a panel addressing investment in the digital health sector.
- Steven Giglio- Scientific Director LBT Innovations.
Join us afterwards for drinks and networking with the speakers from 5 pm.
|Welcome||Bronwyn Le Grice and Kiara Bechta-Metti|
|Building a digital technology that sticks||Planet Innovation, Ian MacFarlane|
|Machine Learning revolutionising healthcare||Australian Centre for Visual Technologies, Prof. Anton van den Hengel, Director|
|Incorporating AI into business successfully||LBT Innovations, Steven Giglio, Scientific Director|
|From invention to impact- story of a successful medical device company||Signostics, Andrew Niemiec, Senior Research Engineer|
|SA Digital Health Startup: improving patient care through early intervention||Personify care, Ken Saman, CEO|
|Collaborating across science and Industry: key tips and trips||MPT Innovation Group, Gary Morgan, Managing Director|
|Engaging with corporates- what are they looking for?||Novartis, Adam Wardell, Head of Strategy, Innovation & BD & Licencing|
|Investment in Health Tech Panel||Moderator: Bronwyn Le Grice, MD, ANDHealth.